Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Single Mom Pro/Con of Sorts

     Being a single mom is a strange thing.  It definitely has its own brand of challenges and rewards.  Here is a short list of positives and negatives as I, as a single mom who has never really shared parenting with another person, see them.

Pro: When my kid does something really awesome, I get to take all of the credit.  If she excels at anything, I'm totally riding those coat-tails. 

Con: If she grows up to be a teenaged hoodlum, or ends up on the pole, I can't blame anyone else.  She better not. That's all I'm going to say.

Pro:  I don't have to discuss discipline/rules/guidelines/etc with another party.  I'm a control freak and I get to make ALL of the decisions. 

Con:  I can't pull the "You just wait 'til your father gets home and hears about this!" card.  I always have to be the disciplinarian and that can suck sometimes.

Pro:  I get all of those awesome school-made crafts for holidays.  I get the Mother's and the Father's Day cards made with pasta.  I love me some pasta cards.

Con:  I, quite literally, want to throat punch people when they ask if she'll be with her dad for Father's Day, or any other holiday.  Especially if they do it right in front of her.  Those are super-fun conversations to have with my four year old listening. 

Pro:  I get to see my little girl grow up and become more and more like me every day.

Con:  I get to see my little girl grow up and become more and more like me every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment